Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What's your favorite candy?


Mine is the caramel creams or bull's eyes! Somehow, I just can't resist the creamy, sugary inside and then the chewy caramel outside! These candies have been around forever! I remember as a child, my dad used to give me 25 cents every Friday when he would get home from work. I would ride my bike to the candy store and fill a small paper sack with these caramel creams, little red fish and anise babies!

I found a little bit of history on them that I thought was pretty neat!

Goetze's Caramel Creams were introduced in 1918. The name explains exactly what the product was (and still is): a caramel jacket with a pure sugar cream center.

Since they look a little like the bull's eye of a target, the nickname was picked up along the way. Many people only know this popular caramel candy by the name Bull's Eyes.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

never knew the name was bullseye-- we call them carmel cremes in NY

:)wendy

my favs are rolos (have to be frozen) and peanut m&M's.:)

janae said...

These candies look so good. I wish I was more picky about the candy I eat, but unfortuately I like so many kinds. My favorite is probably chocolate covered fruit (strawberries, raspberries and grapes).

Laurie said...

Wendy, I don't like rolos, I can't imagine them frozen, girl! I'm just not a chocolate fan, unless it is WHITE chocolate!

Kary, oh girl... I so could eat some white chocolate covered strawberries and rasberries! I never tried the covered grapes!!!