Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's been a long time......

Sorry it has been so long since I've posted. A lot has been going on around here. I'm going to try to do an abbreviated version of an update! LOL

All the spring gardening and replanting of the yard is coming along great! We have tons of tomatoes, 5 varieties. More cantaloupe than we will ever be able to consume on our own, so many cantaloupe blooms! I honestly didn't realize that one plant produced several melons. We will be sharing with our neighbors, no doubt! We have onions, carrots, radishes, scallions and a brand new ruby red grapefruit tree! Our green peppers didn't make it, not sure what happened there, but it is all a learning process for us. We will try again next season.

The grass seed was planted 3 weekends ago, finally! It is just beginning to sprout. DH bought seed that was specially coated to speed up the germination process. It seems to be coming along nicely. We have most of the front of the house landscaped now, finally.... DH has been working so hard every weekend to make it a nice area for us all to enjoy.

So for me... I just came home last week from surgery. All is well and I am doing great. Just a little sore, but as time goes by, my body will heal. So for now, no work, no lifting, pushing, pulling... you know, the usual for 6 weeks. I am hoping to be able to sit up and sew soon. I am only able to sit up for 10 minutes at a time right now and walk from living room to bedroom and so forth. So fingers crossed that I can get to my machine soon!!!! I MISS IT SO MUCH!!!!

Sorry I don't have any pictures to share, soon though... soon!

Thank you for the emails of get wells! We're doing good and hope to be back up in full swing soon!

HUGS!
Laurie

No comments: