Friday, February 1, 2008

OUTDOOR Natural light STUDIO




I am so excited to share with you all my latest adventure! Like I need another one! LOL Oh, but I really do! To photograph Kylie in a nice setting, I have to DRIVE. It takes a minimum of 30 minutes to get somewhere, 30 minutes to an hour to photograph, then another 30 minutes to get home. Time is of the essence for me, so I came up with the idea to create my own outdoor, natural light studio!

I will share the progress; we are anticipating it to be completed by this weekend, with the exception of a little girl’s wrought iron table and chairs! Those will come next week! THANKS JESS! I am so excited!!! You’re a true friend!

Getting the supplies was, may I say, nothing short of an experience! I worked all night, and just HAD to go to good ole HOME DEPOT because this just couldn't possibly wait! ROFLMBO LOWE'S my favorite, (GO JIMMIE JOHNSON) was just too far to try to go to, and I needed this trip to be quick! ROFLMBO again, it was by no stretch of the imagination a QUICK trip! Allow me a small gripe here, THE GUY WHO LOADED MY FENCE WAS A COMPLETE MOORAN! Ok, sorry... it was totally my fault, I should have had enough common sense to know that you can't haul 3 pieces of fencing in the back of a pick up truck and not have it tied down! So, I pull out of the store and immediately thought, what are you doing, you know this is going to fall! I am in the highway; 55 mph zone doing 20 mph and get to the first traffic light... I need to make a U turn. NOT!!! oK, so the fence slides and I am like oh LORD, please just help me here, keep the fence on, let me get off the side of the road and then I will fix it! I don't want anyone to get hurt! Well, once again, our wonderful LORD kept his hands on me, we made it off the road, fence still in tow! Now in complete shock, I am so stinkin tired and thinking what am I going to do? I called my husband in a complete panic screaming about the dingdong that loaded the fence. He is like calm down; you know you can just tie it up! Tie it up? Well isn't that just a marvelous idea! ROFLMBO I get into the tool box, and tied it up with some parachute cord, that stuff is strong, right? I can tie a knot, right? After all, I work for the fire department! LOLOLOLOL Sorry, a little humor to try to not feel like a COMPLETE IDIOT!!!!

Our 30 minute trip to get home ends up taking over an hour. I refused to drive over 30mph. We did make it home safely with all parts in tact!

Here is a rough picture before my hubby set the fence.... We just had to get started! I will take more pictures this evening! This area consists of three 6X8 sections of fence that was painted by my ever so giving husband, and 2 daughters! Thanks girls, you are the best! The smallest area is 8 feet wide and the largest area is 14 feet wide. It will give me 4 different areas to photograph in!

10 comments:

Timi said...

Very cool! I'm glad you didn't lose the fence on the hwy! Can't wait to see your photos :)

Regena said...

Wow, Laurie, what a trip! LOL The results will be so worth it, I can't wait to see the completed Studio.

Hipchick said...

Laurie--that is going to be sooo neat girly!! WTG!!

Rhonda

janae said...

What a great idea. It's way too snowy here to even think about taking pictures outside. You are lucky! Can't wait to see your pics. I still remember meeting you at the Boardwalk on one of your shoots.

Laurie said...

Thanks girls... Kari, yeah that going over to Disney to photograph is an hour over and an hour back! See, this is why it is a must for me to have! LOL

Laurie

Giraffikiki Kids said...

Looks promising! Can't wait to see your pics!

Holly Stocke said...

Hilarious, Laurie! I wish I could have been there to make fun of you. LMBO! But you did it!!! Way to make it happen!

Hol

Felicitys*Flair said...

woohoo wtg girlie!! cant wait to see the result! I bet it will be fab!

jenn

erin said...

Wow that is such a cool idea!!! Can't wait to see your pics once it's all finished!

We're coming down to Disney on the 22nd, I'll be waving out the plane window at ya! lol

Laurie said...

Thanks girls, Erin look for me...I'll be the crazy waving back!!! ROFLMBO

It is finished! The table and window have arrived, I am hoping to be able to get some pictures today or tomorrow to post!!!

I am so excited, now I just have to work on hubby to get that fancy lens I've been eyeing up! LOL