Friday, January 2, 2009

Slip Sliding Away!

Oh my goodness, my sweet sister-in-law reminded me last evening that I've been neglecting my blog!

Here is a little bit of what has been happening at home....

I'll start with "Kylie happenings", LOL.

We watched the Space Shuttle go up from our front porch...





An all day field trip to FT Christmas was a blast, some of the dads came along and cooked us all a wonderful lunch....This is Kylie and 3 of her class mates striking a pose in front of a wagon wheel in one of many pictures!





Thanksgiving quickly came upon us! Most of our family was busy, so we did Thanksgiving with my oldest sister Kathy and her husband Jeff. It was really nice, we don't get to visit with them very often....sad, but true. We deep fried our turkey and made all the fixins!





Christmas and New Years came and passed as well, Christmas was quiet but still beautiful. Christmas eve we drove to my middle sisters new house and spent Christmas with my side of the family. Her husbands family was in attendance as well. We did our traditional gift trading game. The kids had a blast!


Kylie and Chelsea seemed pretty happy Christmas morning despite the small amount of presents we were able to get them this year. *sigh* Praying for the economy to quickly pick back up....


Christmas day, evening, our ever so thoughtful neighbors invited us over for a huge get together, they never seem to forget about us, they treat us like family... we love them so much! The kids had a wonderful time, even though it was after midnight, they didn't want to part!


New Years eve I went to work at the Fire Department. It was a busy night, but all in all, a safe one. Vance and the girls stayed home, they watched our next door neighbors set off fireworks in their back pasture. I was a nervous wreck leaving, these weren't no grocery store fireworks, they were proffessional pieces of pyro! I kept thinking oh man, the fallout is going to land on our roof and catch fire. I'm suppose to worry about those things, right? I mean after all, fire prevention is my career! LOL





Last but not least, I've been sewing like crazy... I have the fever and I have unleashed it! I have 3 new sets to offer the first of the year along with a few matching dolly dresses... I think you will be most pleased...I'll give you a little sneeky peek!


Please don't forget... JANUARY 13th, search SUGAR3 on Ebay to see our groups very first launch! We have a big suprise in store, you won't want to miss it... we are bringing something very new to Ebay.... I just know you will enjoy it, its going to be fresh and so much fun!






This post wouldn't be complete without telling you my New Years Resolution...
LOL, I am going to try "TRY" to be more diligent about posting on my blog!


Lots of HUGS to you all...
~Laurie

No comments: