Thursday, December 20, 2007

My middle SwEeTiE


OKay! People always ask, where is a picture of your other daughter? Well, she's a teen and you know, teens NEVER want their pictures taken; until last night that is! Chelsea is my middle daughter that most people frequently hear me talk about. She is my almost 16 year old miracle child! Chelsea was born with a single ventricle and transposistion of the great arteries. She has a rare heart disease. She has been through 6 open heart surgeries, one to include a pacemaker. She is doing well and most people can't recognize that she has a problem, unless we tell them or she shows her battle scars. She's a sweetheart, and if there was any way I could replace her heart with mine, I would, in a minute. She is a good girl and if you ask her baby sister, she would tell you that sissy is the "best sista, eva!"

She is truly an angel sent from GOD to rescue me, HE had a plan for me and she is a huge part of it. I thank him every day for her!

Listen to the song on my playlist, "In my daughters eyes" and you will get a glimpse of my love for her.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

what a beautiful young lady! she is golden:)

hugs
wendy

Laurie said...

Thanks Wendy for your sweet words!
Laurie

Timi said...

You are GORGEOUS girl Chelsea! What a beautiful smile. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas :)

Regena said...

Chelsea is so pretty, that is the first pic I have seen. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Laurie said...

Thank you ladies for your sweet words! Chelsea is turning into quite the young lady, and honestly.. I am SOOO not ready for her to be grown up!

We had a beautiful Christmas... it wasn't the Christmas that the kids are used to having, but I really think they enjoyed it!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas as well...

God bless each of you!
Laurie