Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Today is bitter-sweet.....



Today, the NAVY bussed my son to Jacksonville for 2 days of testing. Bitter-sweet you ask? Well, I have an 18 year old son that just DOESN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! Sad, but true! I just pray that he has the knowledge and strength to make an informed decision about his future.

I always dreamed of him going to college and pursuing what I thought he loved, drafting. Guess I was wrong about that one!

I'm terrified on one hand, but have to admit.. I feel much relief, because I know this boy will soon become a man. He needs guidance and discipline, and he WILL get that there.

I'm am waiting by the phone, just to hear how his first unofficial day went!

If your reading this, please, take a moment and pray for my son. Pray that he is given the wisdom that he needs to make the right choices!

God Bless....

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my, I didnt realize he decided to sign up! Is it official? I will keep you all in my thoughts & prayers!

Anonymous said...

Lauri...First off, I love your designs..always watch them on EBay!! :)

About your son...I pray that he receives the knowledge & guidence he's looking for. I'm sure once he completes his unofficial test, he'll know what he needs to do. My little brother(22) is in the Army & was just sent to Iraq for the first time. He seems to like what he does. He wanted to sign-up right after HS...we asked that he think about it for at least a year & if he still wanted to sign-up, then we'd support his decision...he did. We love & support him 100%. Please keep him in your prayers.

Laurie said...

Thank you so much lbb for your prayers.. It's amazing that someone you don't even know can understand and sympathize with the life happenings that another is going through. My son did sign, he has a ship date of March 21st. He was solid with his decision and is eager to go see what the world has to offer him. I do have some relief now! *sigh* I will too keep your little brother in my prayers! God bless! Oh and thank you so much for your sweet words about my designs! Laurie