Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Bad, bad day!



Well, I decided to wake up early today... I thought, well.. I'll get a little computer time in while it was quiet and then do some sewing. Much to my surprise, I wouldn't be doing any of that today! I was working on transfering some files from my documents to a windows program and all of the sudden I get a blue screen that is telling me fatal error! WTHeck??? I quickly dialed up Dell as just 3 weeks ago, yes, 3 weeks ago... my laptop crashed! Completely gone, nothing salvageable, hard drive ruined! Well, back to Dell... they helped me to run some diagnostic test and then proceed to tell me that all my software has crashed, but there was some hope.. I could possibly salvage some of the files and pictures. Ugh..*sigh*

Mr Computer is now at the hospital... hopefully by morning, the good ole doc will have fixed him right up!!! Fingers crossed, alot of pictures are on there that I just don't want to loose. If he don't give me my pictures back, I'm gonna have to toss him in the burn pile!

Lesson learned today... go invest in external drive and back up, DAILY!!!!!

No comments: